Panoramic photo of Spring Grove, 1908

The “Model T” went into production in 1908, but no trace of cars is yet evident in this view of Spring Grove, Minnesota, that year.

Apparently the daring (but unknown) photographer hauled a camera up to the steeple of Trinity Lutheran Church. The photo shows a westward view of Main Street, with the intersection of Division Street in the foreground. It was apparently taken in mid-summer (by the foliage) and in the late morning (by the shadows). The format is a folding double postcard, with a color-tinted black-and-white photo printed in color.

This entry was posted in History and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply